Thursday, February 19, 2009

Getting older...

Well my readers...that is right all of you! Hence the sarcasm there. I feel as though I might be writing to myself, but what the hell, I live alone so I do talk to myself quite a bit. I might even respond in a different name to this post. Anyhow, getting away from that. Although when I am in La Grande many of you may not believe I am "growing up" it is actually happening. Over these past few months here in up-beat Pendleton, OR I have had to change my life. I have gone from raging, binging, sleepless weekends to sitting on a couch in my underwear eating popcorn and watching the History Channel by myself. The highlight of my night might be getting 5-6 kills in a row playing Call of Duty 4 on Live(IOB 0510) -hit me up on X Box. Anyhow cooking for myself everynight, doing laundry (folding/washing and making sure to mix colors), IRONING! (what a pain Ironing is!)

Anyway I felt like I needed to write something on here and this is what I am feeling. I am going to be 23 next month. I mean how the hell am I going to be 23? I mean I can't even grow a beard....Let along hair on my face....or armpits! Puberty was only a year ago...jk...LOL. I was in Safeway yesterday when I ran into one of my students who said, "Hey Mr. OB!" I said how's going! And then his mom came over and said, "You are a teacher?" I said "Yes" She said..."WOW! You are not old enough to be a teacher. You only look like your 18!"

Well although I am growing up...a little bit, at least I still look young. Maybe I am one of those types of people who does not age. Like that movie Brad Pit is in. He actually gets younger! I mean don't get me wrong Gold Cohert. I can and will still get down with you next week, and twenty years from now, and who knows...I might be in the shape of a little Baby Jesus...8lbs 4oz little baby Jesus.

5 comments:

  1. Fix your poll, it's billion with a b. Ass face. (Sorry Sharon)

    You can cut some of my beard off and glue to your face. Sounds like this may be necessary in order to regain your credibility with the moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian, Funny--watch language, though, if you are pointing students toward this. Also, employers may Google you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I was not convincing enough to change your grading practices, eh? Do some reading in your field.....the research is against those who are going to do the same ol', same ol'! Thoase of you still giving 'O's----dare I say, the math-challenged. Really, check out the ratio of that punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about my spelling-or poor typing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon, I have done some research and discussed with many of the other teachers here at Pendleton. They are blown away that schools would use this. It does not work unless the Incomplete is also practiced. I understand the 4.0 grade scale and how it works. However, how do you give a kids who turns a assignment in on time and does poorly a 45, while you give the kid who turns nothing in a 50-55? This debate will more than likely continue for some time to come.

    ReplyDelete